United Church of Christ
As a member congregation of the United Church of Christ, we are active in the Northern California Nevada Conference and participate in justice events, Annual Gathering, summer camps and other ministries.
Learn more about the United Church of Christ.
Sanctuary Celebrates 127 Years
The original sanctuary was built in 1881 as the Sunday School Association Building and provided Christian education for 70 - 100 children each week by volunteer teachers from the community. That building burned in 1890 and was rebuilt in the same location. The current sanctuary was first used for worship in December 1891 and it continues to be used for Sunday worship, other congregational services and events, weddings and memorial services.
Our congregation traces its history back to October 15, 1893 when the Congregational Church was officially incorporated after several attempts were made by Congregational missionaries to birth a new church. It was the only Protestant church in Weaverville until 1957 and remains the oldest religious building in Trinity County today.